Simple recursive filesystem notifier that writes to local or remote syslog servers.
Compiled version can be found in the bin directory. It was compiled on Debian Jesse, but will
probably work on any other distribution.
It currently logs any notifications that are known to work
on any operating system like:
- syslogproto: => udp or tcp
- sysloghost: Syslog server to send log messages to
- syslogport: Syslog server port
- localonly: Log only to local syslog (no network) => true or false
- stdout: Also output to stdout => true or false
- paths: An array of paths to watch, these should be directories
Download or clone this repo and in the bin directory you can find an example
config file, adjust this and copy it to /etc or somewhere else in which case
you start it with
./gape -config <path to your config>
If you take the default /etc directory simply do
or with whatever init or
systemd script you want to use. There are several tools for daemonizing, at a later
stage I might build this in (if time permits :)
Remember when an underlying watch has been removed, a restart of Gape is needed.
If you found any bugs or are using it to full hapiness drop me an email.
Based on the excellent library from https://github.com/rjeczalik/notify
You can find the code on Github